Sunday, 27 January 2013

Project 365 - my weekly round-up





I'm going to go with a weekly 365 round-up from now on as sometimes it's difficult to find the time to upload every day. Going from left to right and top to bottom this week in my life shows

Dot having fun in the snow the day school was closed. Unfortunately this only happened on Monday and she had to trek to school in the snow for the rest of the week - which you can imagine didn't go down well.

A snowy scene into the distance as Spice and I headed cross country.

Spice, the little man himself, enjoying the snow.

Homemade soup - yum. Tasty and warming, even if I did put too much pasta in it. This soup lasted for ages and fed Dot and I for quite a few days, in Dot's case, sometimes twice a day (she loved it.) I'm not a cook so I'm very proud of this, especially as I didn't follow a recipe but made it up as I went along.

The view across the fields taken from the wood where the dog and I love to walk. All the rain has made the wood very difficult to get through due to the mud and mulch, but the snow and cold hardened it all up so we took advantage and enjoyed a leisurely two-hour stroll.

Another view through the wood, honestly it is so beautiful in the snow that I could take photos of it all day. It's the white against the bare branches that creates the fairytale look, a bit Narnia-like.

My Christmas poinsettia still looking great. I'm hoping it will stay healthy and last until next Christmas...



   
TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

6 comments:

  1. Loving your pictures.. Houseplants I kill houseplants.. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, they don't survive very long with me either, so fingers crossed for this one. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. What beautiful snowy scenes!
    I do love a picture of trees in snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, they are so beautiful. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  3. Homemade soup is a winner in this weather! Love your pictures of the snow- beautiful weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love homemade soup and hope to try new recipes over the coming weeks. Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so please leave a comment...