Friday, 4 January 2013

My word for 2013

Honesty

With myself

I will be true to my feelings and thoughts

I will acknowledge the reality of any situation and not dress it up or kid myself it's something it's not

I will trust my judgement and place as much value on my understanding of events and situations as I do on those of other people

I will listen to me and not just others

I will believe in me


 

With others 

 If I can't do something for whatever reason I will say so

I will not say yes constantly to demands on my time - I will say no when I need to

I will talk rather than keep things bottled up

I will not take on work that does not value my time or skills

I will spend more time with the people I love, both family and friends

And less time on events and people that bring me down...


    
It's not meant to be twee or self indulgent, it's the one word that has shone out this new year, the word that sums up 2013 (at this early stage, admittedly). I read a fab post from The Bottom of the Ironing Basket that inspired me to find my word and more inspiration here and here. It really speaks to me - I don't know why, I just know this word is important for me for the year ahead.

Does it make sense to you - do you have a word for 2013 - or do you think it's all a bit out there? 


Motivational Monday 
  

4 comments:

  1. I love your choice of word and your reasons for it.
    Again I could really do with doing the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I hope I keep it up, I fully intend to though I know it will be difficult.

      Delete
  2. great choice of word..seems like everyone is up to it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I know what you mean. Great minds thing alike perhaps. Thanks for stopping by to say hello.

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts so please leave a comment...