Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Gorgeous Christmas gifts

I have been holding my hands behind my back, twiddling my fingers and sitting on my hands since July to stop myself talking about Christmas too early, but hey, it's now December and it's definitely time to jingle those bells and get festive. I thought I would bring you a few of my favourite Christmas gifts, discovered during my travels in the lat few months. I could go on for pages, but I wouldn't want to tire you out before the big day itself, so I'm limiting myself to just a few, with more photos than words for a seasonal change...




I love this gift set from The Body Shop. I first saw it at a blogging event I attended and posted about it here. The ginger fragrance if very fresh and Christmassy. I almost bought it for a friend but instead opted for a hand cream and hand wash set in a pretty metal holder that will look great in her bathroom. Another lovely idea from The Body Shop this year is this lip balm lollipop - I know somebody who is going to love finding this in her stocking on Christmas morning...





Elemis is one of my favourite brands and this gift set is my idea of heaven. It's not cheap, but it's certainly one for the wishlist. Find it at Time To Spa The great thing about this gift set is that all the products are full size - and I can vouch for the eye treatment, which I've been using for several months.




Green People always come up with gift packaging that is just that little bit different every year, and of course the products inside are high quality, vegetarian or vegan, often organic and suitable for even sensitive skin. This is another brand I use regularly and I really admire their philosophy and approach to skincare.



I think the idea of advent calendars for grown ups is so good - skincare products instead of chocolates, what's not to like? I know there are a few versions around at the moment, some more expensive than others, but this is one of the nicest I've seen. Liz Earle also do crackers, which are great for a party though the thought of people pulling apart something that costs so much is a bit hard for me to get my head around. Candles, well I'm now officially a candle convert and I'm also a fan of the latest Liz Earle fragrance, so this definitely gets the thumbs up.




I discovered Melvita just a couple of years ago, but since then I've become a big fan, especially of their eye treatments and moisturisers. Full of natural ingredients and subtly fragranced, Melvita was founded in France, but luckily for us has made inroads into the UK and has a flagship store in Covent Garden. I was invited there for a Christmas tipple and to see their Christmas gifts, including the rose nectar gift sets, which are beautifully boxed and contain some of the brand's best-selling items. I was surprised to see how many products Melvita has - and delighted as it means I have so many more to discover!





This beautifully presented gift bag (a little creased by the train journey home) contained a rose nectar gift set, which smells sublime, and a bottle of Melvita's new Huile Extraordinaire, which I will blog about soon. The candy cane disappeared as soon as Dot saw it funnily enough.


Finally, I wanted to include these shoes because they are just so pretty. I could never walk in them and they are totally impractical, but for Christmas they say to me parties, fun, fairytale princess, dressing up. They're from Matalan and I took this photo at Christmas in July. Every girl needs a pair of sparkly shoes at Christmas don't you think?

What would you most like to see in your stocking this year?


2 comments:

  1. They do another one with body butter inside, which is also fab. Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so please leave a comment...