Tuesday, 27 November 2012

Follow this blog (quick, before it gets away!)

Forgive me if this post comes across as a little self-indulgent, but I've decided to add a 'follow this blog' button to 40s Chic.

It's something I've noticed other blogs and websites are doing more and more, and it seems sensible to have something like this (unless of course it turns out I attract no followers and am Billy No Mates, in which case it will just be embarrassing.)

There's a practical reason for doing it as well. Now I've started running giveaways, companies and PRs keep asking me how many followers I have, how many page views and other how many questions that I don't know the answer to.

True, the back office bit of my blog gives an indication of page views, but it doesn't give me followers; I installed Feedburner to find out about followers but that seems to only include some, I think the people who subscribe by email (though I could be wrong). So then I signed up for Google Analytics - aargh, it's a nightmare to understand; it does show followers but the number varies according to what day it is. *Sigh*

So finally I'm going to go with Google Friend Connect and just cross my fingers that I don't turn out to be Billy No Mates.

Help me avoid that hell by signing up to follow 40s Chic through the new button in the side bar. And leaving a comment below to tell me what you think. :o)

3 comments:

  1. I follow your blog via email however it seems that your 'Join this site' button is not working as when I tired joining I got a error msg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know - I'll try and find out why that's happening. Good to hear from you!

      Delete
  2. Hi MsXpat, I can't find why it's not working - perhaps if you try again and choose a different option to sign in it might work? Sorry I can't help any further with this, I'll keep looking online for an answer.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so please leave a comment...