Monday, 29 October 2012

Interiors - winter warmers



Winter is coming and I’m feeling cold, so I’m looking for ways to warm up our living room. I know I want colour – purple, red, burgundy, ochre, mustard, berry shades – but I don’t know in what combination. Those colours will bring a cosy feel to the room, and I think it’s about time to get rid of the white.

When we decorated last time I was in a white and cream mood – my mind needed calmness and the thought of colours made me feel ill. Now however I’m in a better place, I can tell because I am craving colours that not too long ago would have been too loud.

But where do I start? I have a (very) limited budget so it’s not going to be easy to create my dream scheme – but then it’s amazing what you can do with a bit of imagination, supermarket buys and charity shop bits and pieces.

The first thing is the walls – so I’ll be poring over paint charts for the next few days. A new décor colour is the quickest way to create a new look and paint is not expensive.

Other than that I’ve already made a start with a snugly throw in purple from Dunelm Mill. It was £9.99, which I thought was a good price. It was supposed to drape over a huge terracotta throw I have, or rather used to have. I can’t find it so I probably gave it away years ago. 

I also bought two cushions in their sale for £7.99 each and they are gorgeous. Luckily I had a gift card that I used for these purchases so I’m keeping well within my tiny budget!

Here’s a few items that fit the winter warmer theme – what do you think of them?


Tesco F and F Alexa cushion £10

Tu Chunky knitted throw £25 Sainsburys


Tu Gloss Red & Black Vase £3.60 Sainsburys

Matalan  Speck Detail Tea Light Holder £4

Tesco Florence and Fred scotty dog cushion £9

2 comments:

  1. I really like the pillow and the throw. Love the colors. Good choices for the fall.

    Larisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Larisa. I do like jewel colours and I'm really excited about creating a new scheme on a zero budget! Good to hear from you again.

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts so please leave a comment...