Thursday, 25 October 2012

Beauty - cleansing face mask

Today I applied a face mask. You should have seen me while I left it on for the specified five minutes - I looked like I was trick or treating a week early.

The mustard yellow goo did nothing for my looks, but I'm hoping it has done something for my pores, and those awful spots that lie just under the skin that I never had when I was younger, but now appear out of nowhere when I'm in my 40s. Bloody hell, doesn't acne know it's supposed to be targeting teenagers?

 


So I applied Masque Visage Purifiant L'Argile Jaune by Lovea (in English: purifying face mask with yellow clay) - hence the beautiful mustard complexion. It was easy to use - I smoothed a thick layer of the mask over my face and left it for five minutes, by which time it had started to dry, the mottled effect making me look even prettier. I then used cotton wool and warm water to remove the thick of it, finishing off with a warm water rinse.

I'm impressed. I could feel a slight tingle when the mask was working, which I took to mean something good was happening. I have a slight break out on my chin so in my mind I saw the clay beating the spots into submission, hence the tingling feeling. After rinsing and patting dry I thought those chin spots looked less red; my skin also feels softer. The hidden spots around my jaw line are still there, but that's no surprise, I doubt even kryptonite could get rid of them in one blast. I'm hopeful though that with a few more applications they will disappear properly back under the skin from which they threaten to appear.


Here the product looks almost cream in colour, but believe me it was mustard yellow and went even darker when it began to dry


I waited a few minutes before applying a gentle moisturiser, though I didn't use my usual serum first as I didn't want to overload my newly cleansed face.

The face mask also comes in pink clay for sensitive skin, green clay for oily skin, and the one I used was yellow clay for dry skin. Lovea products contain 98% natural ingredients and are organic, and you can find more of them here.

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a great product to try out. I used to have dry skin so I think I will try out the yellow clay. I hope it can relieve the dried out skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you get on with it, I'd be interested to know if you had the tingling feel also. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts so please leave a comment...