Thursday, 20 September 2012

Beauty review - haircare




I have been meaning to write about Jo Hansford Illuminoil for a while - I thought I had done already actually, but a look back among the beauty posts and I can't find it so here goes... (darn you memory).

Illuminoil is for coloured hair, it's designed to add shine and take away frizz. It smells like pink grapefruit and it has a silky, rather than oily, consistency. One of its plus points is you only need a small amount so the bottle, which is quite big (though I don't know how big as there's no weight on it), will last you for ages. I have had my bottle for around two months and I've hardly made a dint in the product although I now use it regularly.

Generally, I apply it when I've just washed my hair, before it dries, but I have also used it on dry hair to smooth frizz and flyaways after styling. Reading the bottle you can also use it as an overnight flaky scalp treatment, or as an intensive booster after shampooing and before conditioning - apply to ends of hair and leave for up to 10 minutes, rinse off then condition. Who knew?

As for ingredients, it contains sweet almond, argan, jojoba, karanja and pomegranate oils - but no grapefruit.

Celebrity colourist and guru of all things hair colour, Jo says: "I created Illuminoil for all hair types, harnessing the healing power of the world's most exotic and precious oils." She adds that the oils "combine in this unique formulation to hydrate and nourish your hair, leaving it glossy and radiant".

Find out more here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts so please leave a comment...