Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Book review - The Hunger Games and White Fang

So today I'm having a rest and letting my 11-year-old Dot take over the blog with her reviews of The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and White Fang by Jack London. Take it away Dotty...
 




"The Hunger Games is a daring tale of a 16-year-old girl named Katniss Everdeen. Katniss' sister Prim is chosen for the 74th Hunger Games. At the risk of losing her life and not able to bear the thought of losing her 12-year-old sister, Katniss bravely volunteers to take her sister's place.

The Hunger Games is an exciting thriller. I couldn't stop reading and I felt like I was really there with her throughout her amazing journey."




"White Fang is a heartfelt tale about a baby wolf and his journey to adulthood. Along the way White Fang meets some new friends and some new enemies. White Fang learns to trust man again after being betrayed and lost.

White Fang is one of my favourite books of all time. It's a real page turner, you won't want to put it down. I recommend this book to anyone who loves tales of friendship, love and loss."


4 comments:

  1. Well Dot is a very good writer! I was very impressed with the Hunger Games film, and based on that and this review, i think I'm going to have to pick up a copy of the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment. I think it is worth you getting the Hunger Games as a book. Some things in the book are better than the film - well that's my opinion anyway. Like for example when Katniss gets stung,the way they describe it in the book,the detail of what she sees, really paints a picture.

      By Dotty

      Delete
  2. I absolutely LOVE The Hunger Games! It's by far my favorite book and the movie was fantastic! I really like this review on it. :) You can read about my love of the Hunger Games on my blog at http://whenthe-cows-comehome.blogspot.com/. Keep writing and reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks Kaylee. I'll check out your blog now.

      By Dot

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts so please leave a comment...