Tuesday, 14 August 2012

Beauty news - face

I was excited to hear that Evolve - one of my favourite skincare brands - is to launch a facial mask this autumn. Organic Light Perfect AHA hits shelves in November, so not long before the party season (though these days, the nearest I get to a party is drinking a glass of wine while chatting on the phone).




The ingredients include Tibetan Kombuchka, which I'm told is a superfood, and this works to even out skin tone by reducing yellow and increasing pink tones. It also reduces the appearance of age spots and increases that sought after luminous look.

Exfoliation is provided by fruit acid AHAs, while larch-derived polysaccharide galactoarabinan gives an instant lifting effect and also lessens the look of wrinkles and fine lines.

My face could certainly do with a bit of a boost at the moment - I've even got a mosquito bite on my forehead which is something I've never even heard of never mind had before - so I can't wait to try this. It also works quickly,  a plus point if you're a mum in a hurry.

As for the plump, glowing skin - I'll let you know more once I've tried it. www.evolvebeauty.co.uk

 


Glow time on the right, posing for this photograph with Smooth Affair
facial primer and brightener on the left

Originally from the Far East, BB creams have been the big make-up news of the past year or so and it doesn't look like that's about to change any time soon. Jane Iredale has now joined the party and is due to launch its Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream in October.

This combines the benefits of a moisturiser, sunscreen, foundation and concealer in one  product - as do the others on the market - but this one also comes in six shades, unlike much of the competition. These shades are BB1, BB3, BB5, BB7, BB9 and BB11 (I have no idea why those numbers). It also contains a natural sunscreen (SPF 25 and water resistant for up to 40 minutes) in the form of titanium dioxide, apple, grapefruit and bitter orange extracts, sunflower oil and aloe vera juice, so it's packed full or natural ingredients. www.janeiredale.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts so please leave a comment...