Thursday, 19 July 2012

Ice cream anyone?


So many toppings to choose from - and who is that in the crowd?


So tonight I attended the launch of the Magnum pop-up shop in Westfield shopping centre, Stratford. When I was invited I thought why not, it's on my way home, it sounds like fun. To explain - as you know Magnums are yummy ice creams, and this event was to mark the inauguration of the build-your-own magnum shop, which is open from tomorrow until September. So far, so good.

You choose your base - either traditional vanilla or a chocolate one, then you choose your covering - milk, dark or white chocolate - then you choose your topping. There were (from what I can remember) rose petals, chilli flakes, chocolate curls, white chocolate sprinkles, flaked almonds, chopped hazelnuts, marshmallows, meringue, coconut flakes, caramel twirls - and probably more that I've forgotten.

For some reason I thought it would be all multi colour sprinkles, lots of balloons and children. What in fact it was Champagne, Kelly Brook and a crowd outside the door waiting as if at a premiere! I arrived and I couldn't see a way in. I had to push through loads of people (I did say excuse me, I am polite) to get to the lady with the clipboard and get in.

I was dressed normally. Lots of people were dressed in what I can only describe as black tie party wear. I felt very under dressed. And very fat.

The place was full of beautiful people! And Kelly Brook looked stunning.


Choosing her flavours

Helping behind the bar - is she after extra toppings?


They had a pod that measures your emotional response to eating your Magnum - Kelly tried it, I didn't. I have no idea what response she got.

This is the pod

This is what the pod is about/ does


Art on the walls included a picture made from those little wooden ice cream spoons and a silhouette of a woman eating a Magnum made up of the word Magnum - or it might have been Walls - I wasn't close enough to check.

But what a good night! Totally not what I was expecting, which is probably why it was so good. Too much Champagne drank and too much ice cream eaten - but I bet it's popular this summer.

I did mean to take a photo of the work of art - goji berries, rose petals and chopped hazelnuts - but I forgot.
And I ate it, or at least half of it, then I remembered and took this photo, which gives you no idea of how lovely
it was as the pic is over exposed and looks a bit messy. You just have to trust me, it was delicious!


And she liked it too







2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! I love ice cream! Looks like a fun time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun. Lots of ice cream, lots of Champagne, I was like a kid in an ice cream shop!

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts so please leave a comment...