Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Beauty round-up - Lee Stafford hair care, Steam Cream, Timotei





I love the new Chopstick styler from Lee Stafford. I was at an event a week or so ago where he demonstrated the look that can be created using this tool – cascades of pre-Raphaelite curls, the kind I so wanted in the late ‘80s but never had the courage to get (you had to have a perm to achieve that effect then). Beautiful.

It’s just one of a number of new hair care electricals from Lee that launch in September – all are finished in hot pink so are very girly. My other favourite is the Intelligent Crimper. Oh yes! I am going back to my early ‘80s roots and putting this on my most wanted list. www.leestaffordelectricals.com
 

  


These pretty tins are the latest from Steam Cream, a brand that stays fresh thanks to its playful packaging and lovely illustrations. This limited edition collection features make-up artists Jemma Kidd, Ruby Hammer and Wendy Rowe, and launches in September in time for London Fashion Week.




“I’ve always been a huge believer in natural skincare so it’s great to find a product that’s kind to skin and the environment, but that really works too,” says Jemma Kidd. Ruby Hammer adds: “I love the deep colour of the tin which echoes my name, and the paisley print which has a modern feel yet is also a reflection of my Asian background. Steam Cream is a staple in my kit so I was thrilled to be asked.”

With natural ingredients including lavender, jojoba and almond oils, cocoa butter and oat milk, the cream is light and easily absorbed, and can be used on face and body. It’s also suitable for vegetarians and vegans.

The latest designs are by Japanese fashion illustrator Yoco Nagamiya and also feature a beauty tip from each make-up artist.

Watch out for the Christmas designs coming later in the autumn also. I think my favourite is the snowman but they are all great stocking fillers. www.steamcream.co.uk





August sees two new additions to the Timotei range of shampoos and conditioners with the launch of Vivid Colour and Golden Highlights – the former for dyed hair and the latter for blonde or highlighted hair. Both are paraben-free and contain natural extracts of chamomile (Golden Highlights) and camelia (Vivid Colour).

It’s good to see Unilever is embracing the eco call by eliminating parabens from these products and by reducing the amount of packaging used – each bottle uses 35% less plastic in ml compared to the previous Timotei bottle, says the manufacturer.



2 comments:

  1. Those cream tins look adorable and I bet they smell great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steam Cream always comes up with great tin designs and you can use the tins afterwards for keeping bits and pieces in as they are so pretty. Thank you for your comment!

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts so please leave a comment...