Friday, 27 April 2012

Nothing stays still - updates and changes


A bit of housekeeping is what's needed here

Okay, I made a big decision (for me) yesterday. I decided to amalgamate all three of my blogs into this one, which means there is now only one blog for me to procrastinate over or wish I could be more disciplined with. However, I didn't want to lose all of my nuggets of wisdom from Canter Capers (should that just be nuggets here?) or my fledgling travel site Send Us A Quick Postcard, so I've transferred all of the entries over to 40s Chic.

This of course makes for a bit of a disjointed chronology for anyone reading from the beginning - but who would do that anyway (sometimes I wonder if anyone reads the blog at all, yes the page views are there but rarely any comments). If you do decide to start at the beginning (a very good place to start) then now you know why it seems a little out of sync. Or if you're reading some of the latest entries why I suddenly turned into a presenter for Wish You Were Here.

From now on, anything and everything will be discussed, whinged about, whooped about, loved or cried over in these pages. Life doesn't have separate threads to it, they all intermingle, so it makes sense that the other two blogs find a home in this one.

I'm a bit of a hoarder and perfectionist, so I have tried to keep the dates and times as they were originally on the transferred posts, but for some reason, although the site accepted the dates, it would not accept some of the times, instead defaulting to the actual time of input. It's a shame but not the end of the world.

I feel so much better now I've done a bit of blog housekeeping. I've also updated the 'about me' bit and the standfirst, which was a bit rubbish.

Onwards and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts so please leave a comment...