Monday, 12 March 2012

Boots summer launch


Summer of Dreams collection


Last week was a busy one in terms of launches and meetings - as I don't live in London I try to schedule as much as I can into each trip to the capital (train fares are not cheap). It makes for an exhausting day out and sometimes I do wonder why I bother, but I'm happy to report that this time the experience was worthwhile and interesting.

First off was the Boots summer launch event. This took place in a weird and wonderful section of the Barbican I didn't know existed; it was a sort of hothouse aviary, full of plants (presumably tropical), birds, fish and terrapins.

The Boots guys had laid out a trail taking guests through the various products, from children's clothes to sunglasses to pharmacy products to beauty - the bit I was most interested in seeing. And I wasn't disappointed. Boots No 7 has a new collection of make-up in pretty pastel shades and lovely packaging, including eye crayons, blushers (bronze and pinky shades),  and lip glosses. There's also a new mascara out in June I believe and two nail varnishes - one with gold glitter and one with silver glitter - both would look great with a tan on holiday.

Celebrity make-up artist and No7 ambassador Lisa Eldridge was there and it was great talking to her about the products and trends for this summer. I took a couple of photos, one of which is just about good enough to show here. The others are supplied by Boots.

The shape of the brush is supposed to ensure even distribution and bit lashes
Peach is set to be big this summer

Great over nail colour but I prefer it on its own
My attempt at an artistic image

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts so please leave a comment...