Friday, 29 July 2011

Festive thoughts in the summer sun

I have had a whirl of a month business-wise with the annual spectacular that is Christmas in July. It's the time of year when PRs and their clients wow us with their wares for the coming festive season. Some events have been truly wow, whiles others - meh, not so much.

Some companies and PR agencies really do not make the most of the opportunity this kind of gathering gives them and could learn a trick or two from those that do it so well. Several times this week I have thought an event was not worth the effort of attending and the cost of the train fare to London - when PRs cannot answer questions about their own clients and products then it's a big fat fail as far as I'm concerned.

Happily, the mehs were in the minority and most of launches I attended have been informative and enjoyable, while the PRs have been knowledgeable and helpful. I've seen some great products, heard about upcoming trends and indulged in one or two glasses of Champagne. However, I have thankfully more or less managed to avoid the Christmas cake and mince pies - result!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts so please leave a comment...