Sunday, 5 June 2011

Autumn winter in summer

I recently spent the day in London where I attended several autumn winter launches and met some very nice people. Because I no longer live in the Capital I try to fit in several meetings or events in one day to make it more worthwhile travelling in from the country.

So there I am walking through the sunny, hot city, off to see the Cath Kidston winter range, thinking how lovely summer is and how beautiful central London looks in the sunlight. I got in there and was greeted with the CK Christmas collection *gulp*. I should have been expecting it but I wasn't...

Anyway, there are some lovely pieces there and I'm sure this is only part of the range yet to come.




Generally I find Cath Kidston designs a little too floral for my tastes but I was pleasantly surprised with the Christmas line and really like the colours and patterns, the polka dots in particular.



More Christmas cheer...

And now a close up of my favourite item - the owl tea cosy. It's practical, cuddly, cute and looks so much better than the tea cosies I remember from years ago. I so want one of these...



Moving away from Christmas now, the AW collection also includes knitwear and some seriously lovely bags, one of which I've pictured below, but I think the photo I took doesn't do justice to the colour.



Cath Kidston was holding a sample sale the same day as the launch so I couldn't resist treating myself to the coolest cool bag, in big 70s-like flowers and an apron for Dot in the same pattern - lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts so please leave a comment...